Internet Movie Database
December 8, 2000
Arwen May be New Face
The race is on to replace curvy Cindy Crawford as the face of
Revlon cosmetics. Crawford, 34, will take a smaller role within the corporate giant's
advertising strategy. Meanwhile, bosses are looking for a new "face" and have,
reportedly, shortlisted five women. They are:
- Liv Tyler, the 23-year-old model/actress daughter of Aerosmith
rocker Steven Tyler and Playboy Playmate Bebe Buell.
- Actress Kate Hudson, the 21-year-old blonde daughter of Goldie
Hawn who rocketed to real fame in this summer's critically acclaimed movie Almost Famous
- Model Gisele Bundchen, a 20-year-old Brazilian bombshell whose
dark brown hair and deep blue eyes have landed her on the covers of Vogue, Allure and
Harper's Bazaar, while her relationship with Leonardo DiCaprio has landed her on the
covers of various tabloids.
- Model Carolyn Murphy, 25, the dark-haired eye-catcher who does
ads for Calvin Klein's Contradiction perfume. She may be out of the running because she is
pregnant with her first child.
- Actress Heather Graham, may be too old at 30. She appeared in
Boogie Nights (1997) and as agent Felicity Shagwell in Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged
In a statement, Crawford said she has not been approached
about extending her contract, which expires in February. She said Revlon has 90 days from
the end of the contract to remove her picture from its products.