TolkienMovies.com - Lord of the Rings movie news, photos, rumors, and more

Home
Forum

January 3, 2003

To Roxy M
Magic Fire

I want to hartily agree with Roxy M's defense of Peter Jackson's vision of Middle Earth. I'm waiting excitedly to view TTT tonight and I have no doubt that I will love the movie. I can't even remember how many times I have read the trilogy over the years, so I can't be labeled someone who was introduced to Tolkien by the movies. I keep remembering back to the horror I felt when I saw Bakshi's version, and I always hoped that someone would have the guts to make a live action version of the trilogy. Peter Jackson has taken several years out of his life and with loving care brought his vision of Middle Earth to life. Those of you out there who critisize some of the changes and omisions in the movie need to realize that Jackson has to share his desision making in regards to movie length and content with studio execs. Always remember that the same man that brought you the screen version of The Fellowship of The Ring also brought you the extended version-where so much more of his vision was realized for all of us to see. Yes, there is a part of me that would like to see every little episode in the books brought to life on the screen, but I know that that is unrealistic, unless of course someone just decides to drop several hundred million dollars in my lap (highly unlikely!)Give Jackson the credit he deserves for bringing the world we all adore to the screen with such obvious love of the original work!

Home :: Words :: People :: Images :: Links :: Forum

All content ©1998-2024 by the respective owners.
Not affiliated with the Tolkien Estate or New Line Cinema.
Adeptware :: Custom software development in Ruby on Rails, Java, and PHP