TolkienMovies.com - Lord of the Rings movie news, photos, rumors, and more

Home
Forum

January 4, 2003

Let Tolkien Rest Please
Parsley Gamgee

I am writing to you again in response to Roxy M's article about leaving Tolkien to rest. If you look at certain books that were written and then at the film adaptations, you will see that there are differences. A book is the writers view on what he is she see in their mind, a director reads the book and then has his or her view on how they interpret the book which according to the Budget goes into the film.

As you can see there are quite a few barriers that have to be overcome to get the book into a film, it is sort of like Chinese Whispers, where the original "Message" is not what occours as the result, as it passes to different people they alter the message to their own style, the resultant outcome is that the film is different to the book.

In an ideal world the film would have been made when Tolkien was still alive so that he could have had an input into the film, but alas some things were not meant to happen. Then PJ comes along and upon his interpretation makes a film that is within his limits and the resultant is what we are being treated too. I must point out that as this website matures, the readers are maturing with it. The resultant being that there are still people who a Whining about certain lines that were not meant to be said or details that were missed out. There are a large number of people who like myself are getting tired of the constant whining, so here is a message to all of those Whingers....

1 All of the films have been made.

2 Tolkien did not have any input into the maikng of the films

3 Wait until the extended versions come out as i am sure that some of the complaints about missing scenes will be added in the film.

4 Enjoy the films for what they are and not what they could have been.

If i have offended anyone, then i am sorry, but these thinks need to be said.

Merry Christmas one and all and i am looking forward to seeing TTT this weekend.

See you soon

Parsley Gamgee

Home :: Words :: People :: Images :: Links :: Forum

All content ©1998-2024 by the respective owners.
Not affiliated with the Tolkien Estate or New Line Cinema.
Adeptware :: Custom software development in Ruby on Rails, Java, and PHP