TolkienMovies.com - Lord of the Rings movie news, photos, rumors, and more

Home
Forum

January 9, 2003

TTT (and Scouring of the Shire)
Feanor the Great

First of all, I saw TTT. Great! Not as good as promoted, but even better than Fellowship.
Saruman DOESN'T die!(gasp!) Aragorns fight with Wargs... excellante! Helm's Deep was awesome and funny. Problems, Faramir being just like Boromir until he learns how Boromir dies. 2. Faramir took the hobbits to Osgiliath(why during a battle with a Nazgúl, the world may never know) 3. The side of the Fellowship with Merry, Pippin, Aragorn, etc., Never rejoins. One of the good parts, the death of Haldir. He was one of my favorite characters, but the scene was great. He leads about 2,00 elves to aid Theóden's 300 old men and 15 year olds and says something about how men and elves used to fight and shed blood together, and they want to rejoin the alliances of old. Touching.

Scouring of the Shire. If PJ leaves it out I could care less. The hobbits show their strength, sure, but the ring is gone. For me, that's the end of battle in Middle-Earth(cuz "Sharkey" is too weak without his staff). Not to say I don't get the message, but I didn't like it. Not to offend anyone, but I think after Many Partings, they should have skipped to the Grey Havens. That Chapter always makes me cry. I'll be floodin' the theatre next year when I watch Frodo and his servant, who saved him so many times, part (until he eventually goes years later).

The End

Home :: Words :: People :: Images :: Links :: Forum

All content ©1998-2024 by the respective owners.
Not affiliated with the Tolkien Estate or New Line Cinema.
Adeptware :: Custom software development in Ruby on Rails, Java, and PHP