TolkienMovies.com - Lord of the Rings movie news, photos, rumors, and more

Home
Forum

January 1, 2004

Another Review
Lem

Seven times. My second veiwing of Return of the King made tears well up in my eyes seven times. The second time it was just as good as the first, if not better.

Did you guys notice that when Aragorn, Theoden, Gandalf and co. were at Edoras talking about helping Denethor, someone walked a dog by in the background?
And while Sam, Frodo and Gollum were climbing the Winding Stair, right before Gollum accused Sam of stealing food, Sam tightens his belt. I thought that was a nice touch as it showed what a hardship this journey is.

And also, at the end when the four hobbits were drinking in the Shire, Frodo's cut-off finger is briefly visible, whoever mentioned that....

I noticed that some thiings were slightly confusing to some people....at a few points my mother would lean over and ask me a question, but overall it was all pretty well defined. The visuals, as we've all said, were incredible!

When Shelob came out of her lair, after Frodo had left and was continuing the journey, she was balanced above the path that Frodo was taking. When the audience saw her, they all gasped and several 'Oh no!!!!" s were heard.

There were a few people who laughed inappropriately, one cell phone that went off, and at the end, several kids in the back who wouldn't shut up.

But the movie was even more amazing the second time.
At the very end, when Frodo, Gandalf and BIlibo leave with the elves for the Gray Havens, I noticed that Cirdan was standing behind Galadriel and Celeborn. I thought that was a nice touch.

Sorry for this semi-long review, considering we've heard several before. Thanks for bearing with me.

Home :: Words :: People :: Images :: Links :: Forum

All content ©1998-2024 by the respective owners.
Not affiliated with the Tolkien Estate or New Line Cinema.
Adeptware :: Custom software development in Ruby on Rails, Java, and PHP