TolkienMovies.com - Lord of the Rings movie news, photos, rumors, and more

Home
Forum

January 2, 2004

In Response to Others Thoughts
-

Hello to all again!

In response to Bob Praz (I think), no, Aragorn does not touch Eowyn's face as he leaves for the Paths of the Dead. So in the EE for sure.

My very favourite scene in the RotK would have to be the arrival of the Rohirrim, and Theoden's great speech - I find his much more stirring then Aragron's at the Black Gates. I would be interested to know what others think? Theoden is my favourite King, mainly because I am such fan of Rohan. I also hope they explore Eomer's character a little better in the EE as someone (sorry I can't remember) has already mentioned.

And on the subject of the scenes at the Black Gates, I have a question that someone will hopefully be able to answer for me: Eomer, Gandalf and Aragorn (and a flag bearer) ride up to the Black Gate on horseback, but in later scenes the horses are not to be seen. Where did they go?

Also, to do with scenes for the EE, a photo all over the net and also on the Official site has Aragorn and Eowyn in the Houses of Healing. So obviously we can assume that these will be included - though I am sure many of you already know this : )

I have no problems with any of the characters not having any depth, in fact I loved the way they have all been developed - throughout the whole trilogy and the RotK singly.

I also remember someone mentioning that they thought Gimli had become the comic relief in the movies - I agree. It got to the point that I was laughing every time he walked in the room. Hehe, poor Gimli.

Ilmarė

Home :: Words :: People :: Images :: Links :: Forum

All content ©1998-2024 by the respective owners.
Not affiliated with the Tolkien Estate or New Line Cinema.
Adeptware :: Custom software development in Ruby on Rails, Java, and PHP