TolkienMovies.com - Lord of the Rings movie news, photos, rumors, and more

Home
Forum

January 6, 2004

Horses and More...
Idril

Hi everybody! The question as to where exactly those horses went during the Black Gate scene is a good one. During the first viewing my husband noticed that and said that they probably went somewhere safe to eat some grass. Also he thought the whole riding up to and looking up at the Black Gate sequence looked like the Monty Python Search for the Holy Grail scene when they encounter the French Castle. Very hard to concentrate on a dramatic movie moment when someone sitting next to you is saying things like "Your father was a hamster and your mother smelled of elderberries." and asking where the Trojan Rabbit is. OK, it was kind of funny, but I was way too into the movie to laugh. Sorry to all the hardcore fans who may be offended by this posting, I guess you had to be there.
Here's hoping PJ will get some recognition at the Oscar's and this will win Best Picture. Even if it doesn't, we all know these are some of the best movies ever made and that's all that counts. Hollywood is just politics after all, just like everything else. I'm not getting my hopes up too high.
Idril

Home :: Words :: People :: Images :: Links :: Forum

All content ©1998-2024 by the respective owners.
Not affiliated with the Tolkien Estate or New Line Cinema.
Adeptware :: Custom software development in Ruby on Rails, Java, and PHP