TolkienMovies.com - Lord of the Rings movie news, photos, rumors, and more

Home
Forum

March 10, 2006

Attack Of The Giant 3 Eyed Milkshake
Annatar

Farlas, There is no mention at all of other siblings to Cain, Abel and Seth.
Besides it makes more sense that God was either telling a Parable or he was telling what happened in language the primitive peoples of the time would understand. If God tried explaining Evolution to people back then there would be ALOT of blank stares. Even now we don't know the whole ins and outs of it, so what chance did they have.
Indeed how do all the dinosaur fossils and such fit in? If God put them there... why? Unless it was as Terry Pratchett said (in the book "Good Omens") - it was just a practical joke that God played and Palaeontologists haven't "got" yet.
Still the presence of such fossils, human civilisations/settlements 7000+ old, place humans before the date given for creation - kicking around 4000BC.
Sometime ago (in one of its "wiser" moments) the Catholic Church believed the Earth revolved around the Sun. Years and a few burned heretics later, they corrected their stance on this.

Ohh the end of the world...
Why do people really want to know?! It shouldn't impact on your day one single iota! You should always live as if today is your last anyways. Besides one thing you can be sure of the end will not occur as you think it will. Personally I see the description of the end of the world in revelations as the description of life and death of an individual. The struggle between good and evil over the landscape of a single human soul. Death comes and with it the actual presence of Christ to pass judgement.
Here's a thought, for E.G. John Doe dies and is judged to be a "Goat" rather than a "Sheep" and so goes to hell. There is no human purely evil so this would say that God sent a small amount (at least) of good to hell. UNLESS (and here's the fun bit) if there is any good in someone then they will not be damned, in other words Hell is empty (cept for the fallen angels)
"Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked? 24. What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare [6] the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? 25. Far be it from you to do such a thing--to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge [7] of all the earth do right?" 26. The LORD said, "If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake."
I reason this applies to an individual soul as well as to the world. As long as there is one good soul in the world the end will not occur (as described in other posts).

Besides the end will come like a thief in the night, so the end occurs when all the world is happy, when you least expect it. Not when natural disasters, wars, famine and plagues ravage the peoples of this planet.

In-a-nutshell The End Of The World will happen when you die, thats your personal, made just for you, "end of the world"

Oh well see you all later :) Ash Nazg...

PS Anyone else get the feeling that when you die and God explains it all, it'll be a a cross between Ohhh, Ahhhh and DOH!
Oh and that God is currently laughing at our foolish ideas...
{Im sure I said that last bit before}

Home :: Words :: People :: Images :: Links :: Forum

All content ©1998-2024 by the respective owners.
Not affiliated with the Tolkien Estate or New Line Cinema.
Adeptware :: Custom software development in Ruby on Rails, Java, and PHP