TolkienMovies.com - Lord of the Rings movie news, photos, rumors, and more

Home
Forum

March 16, 2006

Good to see
Farlas

It's good to see that I at least had some substance to my arguement, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to come up with any sort of reply. I really don't recall two words I wrote... but judging by your reply, I made sense.

It might be, but I still think there were sons and daughters of Adam and Eve. In my mind I can think of no other way the human race survived. And I still think Eve was off limits.

I take the Bible literally. When it says the earth was covered in a flood, I think it means the whole earth. That, and, if the land sliding about created mountains, then Everest may not even have been. I mean, Arat is considered a mountain, and judging by the pictures of it in Turkey, tis but a hill. Which makes me think, if that was a "mountain", he couldn't have known what a real mountain looks like. That's why I think that's when the mountains were really made. I also believe in the continental drift theory, so the earth would have been a bit more concentrated to flood. And let us not forget the entire canopy was dumped onto the earth all at once and there were no polar icecaps, just the water for them.

rabbit trail: I don't think the TRex was carnivorous. It's roots are too shallow to be much of a meat eater, but a fantastic melon muncher! Also, I think man was taller than ten feet. I have seen a picture where a guy was standing next to the bones of a human leg and he barely reached the top of it. He was a full grown man. And, foot prints have been found that were massively huge human feet... big enough to make Micheal Jordan's feet look petite and dainty. And they were most definitely human. It was a fossilized foot print... btw.

It is a harsh view, but since God can't tolerate imperfection, it must be so. Now, for the poor heathen in deepest, darkest Africa that has never and will never hear about God: In the Bible it says any that truly seek after God will find Him. It also says that all of creation points to God's existance and can be figured out in some fashion or form. Also, all humans have a desire to find God. Therefore, it is my personal belief that if someone truly seeks after God and believes there is one God, even if he doesn't know His name and never hears the gospel, he will be granted entrance into heaven. If he truly believes in God.

"It isnt a belief/acceptance in/of God that gets you into Heaven its unselfish unknowing love for one another that does it." You said.

My answer:
"For by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourselves. It is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me" John 14:6

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;" Titus 3:5

Then of course there is John 3:16, Romans 3:23, etc. all saying that it is faith in Jesus's death on the cross that gets you to heaven, not good works.

umm... yeah.. the passage about the sheep and the goats is about the post tribulation world when they that were saved during the tribulation are separated from the unsaved. The sheep are the Christians and the goats are the unsaved. It's end times prophecy, not admittance into heaven. The part about "When I was naked ye cloathed me" is referring to the works done by Christians. The unsaved may do these things, but He doesn't recognize it because it was not for Him. When a born again believer does something, it is as if he is doing it for the Lord. When an unsaved person does it, he is just doing it. It has no sway on getting you into heaven or not. It is done in vain.

The Lamb of God was a metaphore and a title. As you said. Revelation, I think, is a mixture of imagry and literalness. I rather doubt there shall be a literal woman clothed in the sun giving birth to a kid while a seven headed dragon is chasing her. That I am nearly certain, is figurative and symbolic. However, the mark of the beast, the star of Wormwood falling into the earth, the water being turned to blood, etc. etc, I do not think are metaphores. I think that is quite literal. And if it was a warning to not be like the Romans, why would God say something about falling meteors and blood instead of water. It doesn't make sense. Not to mention the whole Bear of the North and Tiger of the East thing. (Russia and China). There is too much going on right now, and too much prophesied in Isaiah and Revelation that is going on right now for me to think that it is a warning about being like Romans, or even a wish for them to fall. It's a little creeeepy how much is going on right now that can be seen written in Isaiah and Revelation.

Nah, you didn't bore me to tears; you gave me a chance to use (finally) what I've been taught over the last 13 years of Christian School...almost 18 years of church... so forth.

I find your arguments fascinating really. I don't often get to see the other side of the issue from the other side. Hearing what someone believes differently from that someone verses someone who thinks the same way you do is quite different and interesting.

Lucky you Annatar

Home :: Words :: People :: Images :: Links :: Forum

All content ©1998-2024 by the respective owners.
Not affiliated with the Tolkien Estate or New Line Cinema.
Adeptware :: Custom software development in Ruby on Rails, Java, and PHP